A few years ago, the Cascade Bicycle Club asked me to present a woman’s perspective on bike travel at the Seattle Bike Expo. I introduced the idea of “Adventure Lite” with accompanying anecdotes, inspiring photos, and compelling logic.
What is Adventure Lite? It’s independent travel for lazy cyclists.
Adventure Lite allows for:
- Shorter distances
- Easier terrain
- Agreeable climate
- Familiar culture
- Multi-modal choices
- Travel magic!
- Create easier adventures
- Take your daily cycling skills on the road
- Your Top 10 fears and excuses
- 5 basic truths that will help you get by
- A Biased Bike Travel Packing List: a gal’s guide on how to pack panniers for a cycling trip
- What I Know For Sure: four bits of wisdom learned cycling the Pacific Northwest islands
Sexy eye candy (bike travel photos on Flickr):
- Cycling the Icefields Parkway in the Canadian Rocky Mountains
- Cycling New Zealand’s North Island including Coromandel Peninsula and central region
- Cycling Cuba including Varadero, Havana, Vinales valley and the ‘circucto norte’
- Cycling Central America’s secret, English-speaking nation just south of Cancun
- Cycling backroads Goa, India with YHA Hostelling International
Got a question? Contact me